OPTICXCESS — How to Install Gcam Mod on Redmi K20 Pro
After officially parting ways with Xiaomi, Redmi as the brand released its first flagship phone under the name Redmi K20 Pro.
Like all other Redmi phones, the K20 Pro is released at a low price but with high-end specifications. This phone uses the strongest chipset from Qualcomm when released, namely, Snapdragon 855 which runs on Octa-core (1 × 2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3 × 2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4 × 1.78 GHz Kryo 485) and graphics processor support Adreno 640.
How to Install Gcam Mod on Redmi K20 Pro
Some other advantages of the Redmi K20 Pro are the Super AMOLED screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and HDR10. Do not miss the 27W fast charging feature and the latest pop-up camera.
Read Also: How to Install Gcam Mod on Xiaomi Mi A3
In the rear camera sector, Redmi K20 Pro is equipped with 3 lenses that have different functions. The first is 48 MP f / 1.8 wide PDAF, then there is 8 MP f / 2.4 telephoto 2x optical zoom and finally 13 MP f / 2.4 ultrawide.
On paper, the camera specifications above promise photo quality that will satisfy the eye, but we all know that with Google Camera, the experience will be raised.
How to Install Gcam Mod on Redmi K20 Pro (Google Camera)
To be able to install Google Camera mod, a cellphone is required to support Camera2API, something that has never been found on a Xiaomi or Redmi cell phone before, out-of-the-box.
But something different is in Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi seems to have opened Camera2API support directly on this device, as evidenced by the LEVEL_3 status when checking Camera2API, meaning this phone can take RAW images and YUV processing.
To begin the process of installing Google Camera (Gcam) on Redmi K20 Pro, follow the steps below.
- First, download URNYX05 Gcam mod, this Gcam is actually made for Xiaomi Mi 9. Because the Mi 9 and Redmi K20 Pro have the same camera configuration, the gcam mod application can work perfectly for the Redmi K20 Pro.
- Don’t forget to activate Unknown Source if it can’t be installed. When finished, directly install the file that was downloaded earlier.
- Enabling unknown source on Android
- After completing installing Google Camera mod, there are a number of things that can be set to further maximize the potential of Google Camera mod.
- First, select “More” then select “Settings”, then in the “Advanced” option, select “Auxiliary camera” and activate “Show buttons” then “Telephoto” and “Wide”.
- Setting Gcam mod Redmi K20 Pro
Then you can just use Gcam freely and enjoy better quality photos with this Google Camera Mod.
Almost all the features of Gcam mod available can be used optimally on this device, but there are some things that do not work well like lens distortion and ultrawide lenses, besides slow-mo video and EIS also cannot be used.
If you just bought Realme 5 Pro, then it never hurts to try this Gcam app and get photos with details, sharpness and color accuracy better than the default camera application.
Hope our article about How to Install Gcam Mod on Redmi K20 Pro could help you who want to mod on your Redmi. Hope it’s help.