OPTICXCESS — How to Display Internet Speed on Windows
When your computer is slow when used to surf the internet, of course, you want to know what is the cause. Many factors affect indeed, such as background applications that are running or it turns out that your internet speed is indeed slow.
In the first case, Windows has given us the option to see which applications are running in the background and can make our computer slow and we can try to overcome it by increasing the performance of our laptop or computer. But it is different from the second case because Windows does not give us the option to display our internet speed by default.
To be able to see our internet speed, we are required to install other applications such as NetSpeedMonitor which have proven to be effective and free.
Read Also : Dark Mode Windows 10 How to Activated
To be able to use NetSpeedMonitor, you must have a computer or laptop that uses Windows XP or above. If you are using Windows 10 and below, such as Windows XP, 7 or 8, you must first determine which version of Windows, whether using 64-bit or 32-bit
The way is easy, press the Start button > Performance and Maintenance > System > look in the “System type” section, where you will find out the type of system that is being used in your Windows. If you are a Windows 10 user, that is not necessary because only 64-bit NetSpeedMonitor can run on Windows 10.
How to Display Internet Speed on Windows
2. Then install like most other applications. If you are a Windows 10 user and when you install an error message “Operating system not supported error”, then you must run the application to compatibility mode.
Read Also : COD Mobile Always DC How To Fix It
3. How to run to compatibility mode is quite easy, right-click on the NetSpeedMonitor application then select “Properties” and look for the “Compatibility” tab and click the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for” then select “Previous Version of Windows”. Click Apply and OK to finish.
4. After that, you try to install NetSpeedMonitor again.
5. When the install process is complete, there is a warning asking to add the NetSpeedMonitor toolbar to the taskbar. Click “Yes” to continue.
6. After that, the configuration window will appear such as language selection, network selection used and the application log. If you feel you have completed it, click “Save”.
7. When you finish clicking the “Save” button, now pay attention to the Taskbar on the right in Windows. Your internet speed will appear there.
8. By default, NetSpeedMonitor will display your internet speed in units of Kbit (Kilobits), you can change this setting to Mbit (Megabits) by entering settings.
9. First right-click on your NetSpeedMonitor toolbar in the taskbar then select “Configuration“, after that in the “Bitrate” section, select Mbit / s and press Apply. Besides changing the Bitrate, here you can also change the font, size, and position of the toolbar.
Actually, the NetSpeedMonitor application doesn’t have many extra features, but it also makes it good because it makes it easier to use even for beginners. What’s more, this application doesn’t show any ads at all.
Although NetSpeedMonitor is a fairly simple application, its function is very effective and runs well so far to see internet speed in all versions of Windows.