OPTICXCESS — Locking Lost Xiaomi Cellphone Automatically
One way to secure important data on a lost Xiaomi cellphone is to lock it remotely. After the cellphone is locked, whoever finds it will not be able to open it.
There are two easiest ways that we can use to remotely lock and block Xiaomi phones, we can use the Mi cloud account or use a Google account.
We can do this provided that the lost Xiaomi cellphone is still connected to the internet. If the internet on the cellphone has been turned off by the person who found it, we can no longer lock it remotely even though the cellphone is on.
Read also : How to Trace a Xiaomi Cellphone Very Easily
Locking Lost Xiaomi Cellphone Automatically
Using Mi Cloud
The first way to lock a lost Xiaomi cellphone is to use the Mi Cloud account. Mi Cloud is an official cloud service from Xiaomi that we can use for free.
Mi Cloud has a lot of features that we can use, such as storing photos or other files in the cloud so that they don’t get lost if an error occurs, to track Xiaomi’s cellphone when it’s lost, and remotely lock and delete data in the internal memory.
In order for it to be used to remotely lock Xiaomi phones, we must be logged in so that the cellphone is connected to Mi Cloud.
We need a laptop connected to the internet. Then follow the steps below:
- Open a browser then go to the page: https://i.mi.com/
- Log in with the Mi Cloud account connected to the lost Xiaomi cellphone.
- Select the Find Device menu
- There you will see the location of the cellphone on the map and the status is it still alive or not.
- Click on the Xiaomi device > lock device remotely by pressing the Lost mode button
Using a Google account
The second way to remotely lock a Xiaomi cellphone is to use a Google account. Currently, almost all Android smartphones must be connected to at least one Google account, because it is necessary to install applications from Playstore.
So if the lost Xiaomi cellphone is not connected to the Mi Cloud account then you don’t give up because we can still lock it remotely with a Google account provided the cellphone is still connected to the internet.
Here’s how to remotely lock a Xiaomi cellphone with a Google account:
- Open a browser and go to the page: https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone
- Log in with your Google account.
- Select a Xiaomi cellphone
- Select Lock your phone
- After we press the lock button, the cellphone will immediately be locked and cannot be opened except by logging in using a Google account.
If when you lock it remotely the cellphone is turned off, the cellphone will remain locked when turned on and connected to the internet. But if the cellphone is not connected to the internet then the cellphone method will not be locked. So the mandatory requirement is an internet connection.
Those are the two ways we can do to remotely lock your Xiaomi cellphone. Hopefully, our article about Locking Lost Xiaomi Cellphone will helps.