OPTICXCESS — Delete Clubhouse Account
Deleting an account from a networked application is actually a very easy thing to do, but apparently not for the Clubhouse service because there is no feature for it.
Clubhouse is indeed an application that is loved by many people. Its popularity has skyrocketed after Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk used it a few weeks ago.
People started flocking to the audio-based social media service after that, even though they needed special invitations to do so.
Unfortunately, some security holes that lurk Clubhouse can slightly affect you to stop using the service. Moreover, recently, researchers from the Stanford University Internet Observatory issued a report on this.
To stop the service forever, you certainly need to delete the account that is already registered. However, you won’t find the delete account feature directly in the application. Delete Clubhouse Account.
Then, how do you delete an account from Clubhouse? For those of you who want to quit this exclusive service, here are some more detailed steps to do it.
How to Delete a Clubhouse Account Forever
Delete Clubhouse Account Via Verified Email
- Open the email that is already connected to the Clubhouse account
- Create a new message
- Enter email@example.com at the receiving end
- Write a complete account deletion request with important information such as the username used (for example @username) and the reason
- Send the email and wait for confirmation from the Clubhouse team
The most important thing in the step above, you need to use an email that is already connected to the Clubhouse service. This is very necessary to verify that you really own the account.
As for the content of the e-mail, as much as possible use the international language (English in this case). For example, you could write a message like this: “Hello! I no longer want to use the Clubhouse app. So, I want to delete my account and data. My username is @username. Thank you! ”
Apart from sending a request via email, you can also delete your account using the Clubhouse support page. The steps are more structured and easy to use.
Delete Clubhouse Account Via the Clubhouse Support Page
- Go to the Clubhouse support page
- Fill in the main information related to the account that you want to delete, including the verified email address and username
- Change the Please choose a topic below to My Account & Profile
- Then change What can we help you with your account or profile? with Delete My Account
- Fill in the summary with a summary of the request
- Give more detailed requests in the What can we help with?
- Upload a screenshot of the profile if desired
- Click Submit.
After successfully making your request on the support page, you will then need to wait for a response from the Clubhouse team. This process certainly takes time, so you need to be a little patient.
You also usually still need to confirm the account deletion process according to the instructions in the message they will send to the verified email (according to what you put in the application). Delete Clubhouse Account.
If you haven’t linked your account with a specific email, then you certainly need to do so before making an account deletion request. For those who don’t know, you can follow the steps below.
How to Link Email to Clubhouse Account
- Go to the profile page of the Clubhouse account you wish to link to
- Click the @ sign.It’s near the Settings icon
- Enter the email address to add
- Click Verify then select the Ok button
- Check the related email
- Open the message from the Clubhouse and verify the email according to the instructions in it
By adding an email address to your Clubhouse account, you can then make it easier when you want to change your username, account name, or even make an account deletion request as discussed earlier.
Adding an email address is certainly not the only thing that needs to be done before making an account delete request. You also need to break the link if you previously linked it with Twitter or Instagram.
How to Unlink Twitter and Instagram from Clubhouse
- Open the Clubhouse app
- Enter the profile page of the account you have
- Click the Settings button
- Scroll down
- Click Disconnect Twitter and Disconnect Instagram to unlink
After successfully breaking the link with your Twitter and Instagram accounts, then you can immediately make a request to delete the account and then uninstall the Clubhouse application from the cellphone used.
As a consideration so that you are not reckless, the account will be deactivated first after the user makes a request to delete the account. In this case, you will not be able to log in or access your profile.
Once the account deletion request has been processed, the relevant information (such as username, followers, and settings) will be permanently deleted. After that, some of these things will not be recovered.
In addition, you will not be able to create an account using the same phone number or username within 30 days of the request for deletion of the account.
Alpha Exploration Co. As a Clubhouse developer, it does not guarantee that users who have deleted their account can get the same username as before.
You can immediately make a request to delete your Clubhouse account if you understand the various risks above. When you have trouble, you can also share it in the comments column.